NOTES & TIPS
All of the OTTER Lures and products are hand-made, and the demand is high. We
apologize in advance for any temporary shortages of colors or particular
products that may occur.
- We are continually improving our production capabilities to keep up with
- "Otter Tails" allow you to change or try different colors and/or color
combinations on the business end of the tube and at the same time will add
strike stimulating scented action. You will soon see that this is a
productive and deadly combination. A definite improvement of the tried and
true "Tube & Worm" technique!
- 2 or more tails of different colors can be put on the same hook and
still retain the same strike stimulating action and swim correctly.
- The un-weighted tubes are ideal for the Kayak or shoreline angler
trolling in shallow waters less than 10 feet deep.
- The internal stainless steel wire enables the tube to be gently bent to
produce that all important slow rolling motion.
- Tubes of course, are only effective with our Otter Tails, sandworms or
strip bait on the hook.
- Otter Tails and Lures are hand-made – there may be a slight difference
in color in each batch.
- If worm oil gets depleted in the re-sealable package and baits get
slightly sticky, simply add a small amount of “Otter Combo Scent / worm oil
or a small amount of vegetable oil – DO NOT USE MINERAL OIL
- OTTER TAIL baits can be made shorter if desired by shortening and
rounding off the hook end with scissors or a knife.
- Otter Tails & Otter Fat Tails are not pre-punched with a hole on the
hook end. Simply force the hook point through the fat end. For easier hook
removal you can pre-punch a small hole with a knife point or awl.
- Tails can be used on umbrella rigs. They provide lots of swim action
- Tails can also be used on fluke rigs instead of strip baits.
- Tails can be used alone on a single hook with an egg sinker and cast on
- You can and are encouraged to add your choice of scent oils to the
re-closable package. Place the lures into the plastic bag, add a small
amount of scent and seal close package.
- Tails are also very effective for fresh water fishing.
Please feel free to call Captain Bruce (860-235-6095) with any questions or